Makeover photography tips from Sammy Southall Photography
Our Top Tips for Great Makeover Photo Sessions.
What will it be best to wear? We always say simplicity and your favorites are the keynotes. ! Bring along what you feel fabulous in and we will do the rest.
- Have you thought about using your Prom Dress or Wedding Dress? We can have lots of fun with them in the Studio. Also when choosing your clothes make them the ones you feel fantastic in and try and avoid just plain black.
- Most people bring a formal outfit, casual outfit and a very casual outfit – the choice is yours!. If you need any help deciding on your outfits do not hesitate to call Jane who is always happy to answer any questions you might about your makeover experience. Maxi dresses are best avoided as they do little to enhance your shape.
- Make sure you have a good nights sleep before your shoot. This will enhance your complexion, all round beauty and will help towards making your images extra special.
- Please make sure that you come along with clean, dry hair – product free and no straightening. Haircuts or perms, if planned, are better done a few days before your makeover shoot.
- Coming along with make up free faces is the best!!
- Please make sure you are happy with your eyebrow shape.
- Check hands and feet – particularly finger nails as these are often featured in the shoot.
- Don’t forget your heels – they give extra height and great posture. Wedges are fine but do bring a pair of standard heels also.
- If you see any images you like in a magazine tear them out, bring them along and we will try to recreate them!
Don’t forget accessories such as hats, scarves, bags, and jewelry and sun glasses – can all add to your special image.
- Try practicing your expressions in the mirror – small smiles, big smiles, wistful, daydream, dreamy and girl with attitude!
Lastly if you do have to postpone your makeover session, please give us as much notice as possible, 48 hours at least. Do come along and expect to have a fabulous time – the more you take part the better your images will be.
If you are a little shy, don’t worry, that will soon wear off – together we can uncover the fresh and beautiful you both on the inside and the outside.
Sammy and Jane Southall